Monday, August 4, 2008
For the past 1 year and 9 months in the world of SEO I have learn so many things about SEO and Link Building Strategies. When I was just starting to learn SEO and link building, blog commenting, article submission, press release submission, forums posting, directory submission, yahoo answer posting, submission to bookmarking site, link exchange, ads posting and group posting on yahoo, Google and msn are still useful by that time. But now, I have disregard other link building strategies because I think it doesn't help anymore and it's just a waste of time.
Here's my List of Link Building Strategies that are still useful
You’ll get permanent One Way Link if you don't Spam them
- Directory Submission – it is useful if the directory has quality links and doesn't contain bad links. Check out my list of directories.
- Forums Posting – links from other quality forums are ok but it's better if you will get links from related forums.
- Blog Commenting – when I do blog commenting I make sure that the blog is related to my site.
- Submission to Bookmarking Site – make sure that you don't spam the bookmarking site with lots of submission links from your site. Remember you need permanent link if you spam them, your link/account will get deleted. Check out my list of bookmarking site.
- Yahoo Answer Posting – useful for frequently crawling of search engine.
- Submission to Niche Directory – it's good to get links from niche directory. It adds value to your link relevancy.
- Article Submission – it doesn't give high traffic but the keywords that is use as anchor text in article content helps to improved SERP.
- Press Release Submission – like article the keywords in anchor text helps in SERP and also helps for promotional campaign.
- Blog Post – if you have blog for the site that you were optimizing and has related blog post with keywords on content linking to your site, the keywords that you use as anchor text will help your site improved rankings. It also give traffic to your site.
When doing link building It doesn't matter to me whether the site is no-follow or do-follow as long as it's related to my site. I also don’t look for the PR of the site because if you want your site to have natural links you should not just build links to get links from do-follow with high PR site.